Yes it is possible !! See this screenshot of the hacked version of Windows setup ;
So hows the new look ???
In this post I am going to tell you that how you can add your own images and text. So lets start.
For this tutorial you will need 4 things :
1) Windows XP CD
2) Resource Hacker : You will get it in the next of my post.
3) Winrar : Google is you can get it easliy.
3) The image you want to replace
Now lets start :
- Now I start this tutorial thinking that you know the basics of Resource Hacker.
- Just download the Resource Hacker and insert your XP CD into your CD ROM.
- Now search for the Winntbbu.dll file in it. If you do not find it then search for WINNTBBU.DL.
- When you find this file open it with Winrar it and extract Winntbbu.dll from it.
- Now in Resource Hacker open that Winntbbu.dll file.
- Now in the left hand side panel go to Bitmap >> 103 >> 1033.
- Right click on 1033 and replace it with your image.
For help see this screenshot :
If you want to change the text you can change it by going to String Table
Just go to String Table and click on 1 and change the text you want and then click on Compile Script. This way you can change all your text from 1 to 63
See this screenshot, how I changed the text :
Before changing the text :
After changing the text :
- Now save the file.
- Now the saved file is in .dll format and we have to change it to .DL_
- So to change it we again require Winrar.
- Now right click on the file and select add to archive... and change the name from Winntbbu.rar to Winntbbu.DL_ and click OK.
Now replace Winntbbu.DL_ in your CD with this file and make a bootable CD. And from now when you will install Windows your new image will be displayed as background.